For Symbios fitness enthusiasts or exercise beginners, functional fitness can bring transformative benefits to your wellness journey. With more than 600 muscles, athletic and esthetic results arise when you strengthen your core and your zygomaticus major, which is the smiling muscle! A strong core provides a solid foundation for unlimited physical activities by improving posture, balance, and stability.
While functional fitness works the entire body with various rotating exercises, today, our focus is on the muscles in your abdomen, back, pelvis, and hips. Cultivating core strength is vital to preventing injuries, enhancing athletic performance, and supporting daily tasks. Symbios invites you to try a few or the entire series of our practical at-home core exercises, and for even better results, train with your friends at SymbiosFIT! However, please visit Symbios Health before starting any exercise routine and listen to your body’s limitations!
We recommend consulting SymbiosFIT for clarification and personal instructions to avoid injury associated with the following exercises. Aim for a balanced combination of these exercises, gradually increasing intensity and duration as your strength improves. Incorporating these exercises into your at-home workout routines will help you target various core muscles effectively.
- Standard Plank: Start in a push-up position, arms straight beneath your shoulders, and hold your body in a straight line from head to heels.
- Side Plank: Rotate your body from one side, balancing on one arm and the side of one foot. Keep your body in a straight line and hold.
- Plank with leg lift: Lift one leg a few inches off the ground while maintaining a plank position and hold alternate legs.
- Sit on the floor with your knees bent and feet flat. Lean back slightly, keeping your back straight.
- Hold your hands before you and rotate your torso to touch the ground on each side.
- Start in a plank position, bring one knee to your chest, then quickly switch legs. Keep your core engaged and maintain a quick, controlled pace.
- Lie face down on the floor with your arms extended in front of you and your leg straight.
- Lift your arms, chest, and legs off the ground simultaneously, creating a “flying” position. Hold briefly and lower back down.
- Lie on your back, hands between your head, and lift your legs off the ground.
- Bring one knee towards your chest while simultaneously twisting your torso to bring the opposite elbow towards that knee. Repeat on the other side.
Hollow Body Hold
- Lie on your back with arms extended overhead and legs straight.
- Lift your legs and upper body off the ground, forming a banana shape. Hold this position, engaging your core.
- A modified version is lifting one leg and arm on opposite sides.
Bird Dog Exercise
- Start on your hands and knees in a tabletop position. Extend one arm straight before you while extending the opposite leg behind you. Hold briefly, then switch sides.
Join SymbiosFIT for ultimate workouts that ensure proper technique, endless variations of effective exercises, and companionship! Building and maintaining core strength pays dividends in your complete health and fitness. Consistency is critical, so prioritize these exercises and SymbiosFIT workouts to elevate your fitness to new heights!