Symbios Leads Patients to a Healthier Way of Life
Metabolic syndrome is a precursor for nearly all preventable and reversible chronic diseases of obesity, hypertension, type two diabetes mellitus, gout, coronary artery disease (heart attacks), cerebral vascular disease (strokes), chronic kidney disease (dialysis), Alzheimer’s disease/dementia, and many cancers. Metabolic syndrome also creates an unhealthy state susceptible to infections (bacterial, viral, fungal, and other parasites).
Read on to learn how the experienced team at Symbios Health helps remove harmful and disease-causing elements while empowering patients with the knowledge and local resources to live their happiest and healthiest quality of life.
“Metabolic Syndrome affects over 88% of us, ranging from impairments to our health and well-being to related diseases resulting in death.”
Measuring 5 Parameters of Metabolic Syndrome
Metabolic syndrome is identified by measuring five simple parameters below. A Hemoglobin A1C can be checked to evaluate for early detection of type two diabetes mellitus, even in the presence of a normal glucose level.
- waist circumference
- blood pressure
- high-density lipoproteins
Recent Medical Guidelines to Define Metabolic Syndrome
- A waist circumference of more than102cm/40 inches for men and 88cm/35 inches for women
- Blood pressure greater than 130/85 mmHg
- Triglyceride level greater than 150 mg/dl
- High-density lipoprotein level less than 40 mg/dl for men and 50 mg/dl for women
- Blood glucose level greater than 100 mg/dl
- The hemoglobin A1C is considered normal if less than 5.7%, pre-diabetes at 5.7-6.4%, and diabetes at or above 6.5%.
Reversing the Effects of Metabolic Syndrome
Symbios Health exists to empower and equip us with proven educational resources and services to prevent and reverse metabolic syndrome from its earliest detection stage to its most advanced state.